We accompany you through each step along the way to selling your home or investment property, sharing knowledge, insights and guidance. The following is by no means comprehensive but it’s a start. Contact us for more information.
- Should you sell or buy first? We’ll help you look at it from all angles.
- Consider the season, inventory, competition and your own deadlines – we’ll help you understand all those factors.
- This is the time to review all documents, discuss pricing and launch strategies; devise the right marketing plan for your home; and review recent sales and current market activity.
- Ask questions – we will provide an answer or find it for you.
- Complete a Seller Property Information Statement and disclose any problems and defects so we can address them before we go to market.
Prepare your Home for Sale
- Look at your home through a buyer’s eyes and imagine who that buyer might be. We’ll share our insights and then provide a consultation with staging experts and trades people if needed.
- De-clutter, clean, repair and beautify – you’ve seen those home shows. A home that presents well will sell.
- Hire a qualified home inspector before going to market – we will let you know if this is recommended for your home.
- Check out the Home Preparation Checklist prepared by the Canadian Real Estate Association.
- We believe in an integrated approach to marketing your home. Components include websites – ours and Royal Lepage – advertising, signs, open houses for agents and prospective buyers, showings and community involvement.
- Other realtors are an important piece of the puzzle – we strive to maintain great relationships with our colleagues and communicate regularly.
- Past clients and the people they refer to us – we market to them and they look to us for homes like yours!
- Strategy and skill are key! We will review the situation and recommend a strategy based on experience and market knowledge.
- Our philosophy? Strive for “win-win” – it always makes for a good outcome. Be assertive but maintain good communication with the buyer’s Realtor. Approach negotiations with an open, honest, informed demeanor.
Sealing the Deal
- Make those conditions easy to meet. It’s our job to facilitate a satisfactory inspection – prevent surprises, answer questions and communicate – and yours to get out of your house
- We will deliver copies of your Agreement to your lawyer and financial advisor
- Need to obtain estimates on repairs or get work done to meet your obligations? We have trusted trades people who can help.
- Organize your finances, speak with your lawyer to schedule an appointment and arrange for a mover. We won’t be with you at closing but we will ensure everyone has everything they need.
- Don’t forget to notify the post office, telephone and utility companies.
- Stay in touch! We have met many special people along the way and always strive to maintain long-term relationships and help whenever needed.
Please contact us anytime for a free home evaluation.